How long will my music stay online?

In principle, you pay for uploading and one year’s distribution. However, after that year it will not cost you money again to keep your release online, but it will remain in principle (and so you will continue to be paid). SongKit exists since 2004 so some of our releases have been online for almost 6 […]

How long does it take for my music to become available?

Distributing your music to music services such as iTunes and Spotify is unfortunately still slower than uploading a video to YouTube. Please allow for a processing time of about 1 to 2 weeks from the moment your release is approved by us. Often it goes faster, but sometimes also slower. With iTunes, for example, it […]

How much can I earn?

How much you can earn with your music depends on a number of factors. Each store pays a different amount, which cannot always be predicted in advance. We pay you 90% of the royalties we receive from the stores. The remaining 10% is used to pay for our system and support and to keep your […]

How much does it cost to distribute my music?

A one-track placed in all our affiliated stores costs €39.99, and an album costs €49.99 (excl. VAT). These costs are a one-time fee, so you don’t pay annually to keep your music online! (See ‘how long will my music stay online’.) This way you’ll have more money left over for that new guitar amplifier.

Which stores will my music be in?

Your music will be featured in all major and smaller online stores, including iTunes, Spotify & Tidal. You can also recognise your music (if you’re playing it on the radio, for example) via Shazam/Siri. Your music will be offered to the following stores/partners: iTunes/Apple Music Spotify Tidal 7 Digital Akazoo (closes from 1 July 2020) […]

What does SongKit do for me?

SongKit places your music in online music stores and streaming services such as iTunes, Spotify and Tidal. We also collect the proceeds and pay them out to you. Unfortunately, in the year 2020 it’s still not possible to enter into direct contracts with stores like iTunes as an artist or even as a label. That’s […]